Upcoming Class Dates
Courses are scheduled for 3-7 JUN 2013 and21-25 OCT 2013. Courses in MAR 2014 and JUN 2014 are proposed. The location for all courses is the United States Naval War College, Newport, RI. The classrooms are located in the College of Operational and Strategic Leadership, Operational Level Programs, Evans Hall (Bldg 1284).
Course capacity: 25 Quotas per class. Nominally, three quotas are reserved for each Numbered Fleet Command. The Fleet Chief of Staff will validate quota requirements for active component personnel. The Fleet OSO will validate and prioritize quota requirements for reserve component personnel. Other service and Navy civilian personnel requesting ELOC quotas may be admitted on a space available basis. Funding for ELOC quotas is arranged through current or gaining commands. Quota requests or questions should be submitted to the fol POCs:
Quota requests or general questions should be submitted to the ELOC coordinator:
· COMM (401) 841-2269, (401) 841-2499
· DSN CONUS 841-2269/2499, DSN OCONUS 312-841-2269/2499
· UNCLAS EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
For specific questions, the ELOC Co-director is Professor Steve Kornatz (CAPT/USN Ret).
· COMM (401) 841-1477
· DSN CONUS 841-1477, DSN OCONUS 312-841-1477
· FAX (401) 841-1446
· UNCLAS EMAIL: email@example.com
The Evans Hall Administration Office:
· COMM (401) 841-3690/3689
· DSN CONUS 841-3690/3689, DSN OCONUS 312-841-3690/3689
ELOC Reserve Component NROWS Info
CNRFC N7 ADT Schools: ELOC
FUNDING SOURCE CODE: Professional Military Education
SCHOOL QUOTA NUMBER# 9999
CIN: (Leave Blank)
CDP: (Leave Blank)
Rental Car is authorized.
Reporting location: COMMANDING OFFICER, STU NAVWARCOL NEWPORT RI, 686 CUSHING RD, NEWPORT RI 02841
ELOC attendance requires a minimum of a SECRET clearance for entry into Evans Hall. Attendees must submit a visit request with clearance information to the Naval War College via JPAS (SMO Code 001244 for SECRET level clearance, SMO code N001243 for above secret level clearance). POC: Prof Steve Kornatz. Please submit your visit request to NWC security NLT two weeks prior to the class start date.
The NWC security office: COMM (401) 841-2519
The NWC SSO administration: COMM (401) 841-4709 / (401) 841-6488
Attire / Uniform Policy
Service Khaki or appropriate camouflage utility uniform may be worn; flight suits are not authorized. Seasonal dress uniforms (service dress blue/white, summer white, and winter blue) are not required however, if you anticipate attending a special event at NWC or another local command (SWOS, NAPS, etc.), it is recommended you check on the dress code as many commands prescribe dress uniforms for specific events. Dress uniforms are usually required to attend distinguished visitor (Service secretaries, etc.) lectures. Other service members should wear uniform equivalent to Navy Service Khaki or appropriate camouflage utility. Gov’t Civilian attire will be business casual. Attire for after class social events will be business casual. It is requested that participants stay in uniform for the Friday seminars and change into civilian attire after course completion.
Mail and E-mail
Your mailing address at the College is: (example)
ATTN: CAPT. JOHN Q. SMITH (ELOC)
US NAVAL WAR COLLEGE
686 CUSHING ROAD
NEWPORT, RI 02841-1207
Schedule and Other Information
- Check in at Evans Hall (Building 1284, north end of NWC Campus) at approximately 0700 on the first scheduled day of class to obtain course materials and access badge.
- Course orientation and academics begin promptly at 0730.
- There are no specific provisions for spouses due to the short duration of this course, but the NWC Student Guide has helpful information for those whose spouses are also traveling to Newport.
- Look for helpful links under the Student Life tab of the NWC Homepage.
- The Newport Shuttle (Cozy Cab Affiliate) will take you from the Providence Airport to the Base (Gate-1). Shuttles run hourly and it is recommended that you make a reservation. Shuttle Tel (800) 846-1502 and (401) 846-2500. Access to the base/BOQ or local hotels can be arranged through any of three cab companies. Cozy Cab (401) 846-2500, Rainbow Cab (401) 849-1333 and Orange Cab (401) 841-0030.
- Personnel with NMCI accounts are advised that in order to remotely access NMCI, they must consult their systems administrator to obtain the necessary OWA privileges. Due to the absence of NMCI at the NWC, personnel are encouraged to ensure successful remote access prior to arriving at ELOC. SIPR is not available to ELOC students in Evans Hall.
Please park in the gym parking lot to the east side of Sims Hall.
The Naval War College staff and student UICs are 00124 and 30486, respectively.