This online forum provides a means for service members, defense policy analysts and anyone interested in national security to discuss important defense topics in an open, public dialogue. Major themes for discussion include:
- Strategy, Sea Power and Naval Policy
- The Future of Warfare and International Competition
- Service Roles and Missions
- Naval Operational Art
The NWC Online Discussion Forums serve as a venue for debate among a diverse group of professionals who are encouraged to present and defend their opinions. It is hoped that this kind of free and open consideration of important national security issues will lead to a stronger defense community that is more responsive to the needs and concerns of our service members, our taxpayers and our society at large.
Forum Discussions are open to all viewers. To join the discussions by commenting or replying to a comment or to start a new thread click the appropriate buttons and fill out the form. A valid email address is required.
All forums are moderated and your comments will not immediately appear on the Forums page. Forums may be subscribed to through an RSS feed that will automatically send you an email message as often as you want. Archives of older threads are available at (archives link
Rules of Conduct in the Forums
(Rules of "Engagement")
- Be courteous, polite, and above all, professional.
- If you are changing the topic, start a new thread.
- Please spell out acronyms and define jargon.
- Feel free to propose changes to the forum or conduct of the community.
- Discussion can soon become unrecognizable to those unfamiliar with your particular specialty.
- Report spammers.