This is accomplished through a variety of methods: through tailored operational-level assistance and education to Fleet staffs at the MOC sites, by helping to harvest and share best practices, and to identify trouble areas and tackle challenges to find solutions, including fusing doctrine and practices. Additionally, we provide on-site support to Fleet Commanders and their staffs during major exercises. This support is provided in conjunction with Fleet Forces Command personnel as members of the U.S. Navy MOC Training Team.
The U.S. Naval War College (NWC) Assist and Assess Team partners with fleet commanders and their staffs and coordinates with other Navy commands/organizations to:
- Identify and develop solutions to maritime command and control challenges,
- Provide tailored assistance and education to fleet staffs and other designated audiences (e.g. Reserve detachments, etc.),
- Share current and relevant effective practices,
- Support the revision of in-house curriculum to reflect relevant observations from Fleet visits,
- Fuse existing and emerging doctrine and practices and,
- Work in coordination with United States Fleet Forces Command to provide on-site support during major exercises to improve Navy operational level of war proficiency and support the evolution of maritime command and control.
U.S. Naval War College Assist and Assess Team can be contacted by sending an email to: email@example.com.