The Center for Irregular Warfare and Armed Groups (CIWAG) at the US Naval War College presented its 9th annual symposium, “Rising Tides,” on 27-28 June 2017. Over 80 US and international academics, practitioners, and operators attended to discuss various strategic and operational challenges associated with irregular warfare and armed groups. Attendees also included members from DHS, DIA, NCIS, intelligence agencies, Special Operations Forces, and State Street Bank, Inc.
NWC President RADM Jeffery Harley opened the conference, and Lt. Gen Joseph Osterman, Deputy Commander USSOCOM, gave the keynote address. The symposium focused on a spectrum of challenges - Rising Tides - that scholars, operators, and practitioners will be dealing with today’s security environment.
Major Topics include:
More on CIWAG Symposia
- Nigerian Chameleon: The Many Faces of Boko Haram
- Hard Science/Dark Futures
- Food Security– A Non-Traditional Threat to Security and Stability
- ISIS: Ideology and Propaganda
- Gray Zone Strategies: South China Sea
- Economic Warfare and Capital Markets
- Assessing Irregular Environments
- Gibridnaya Voina’: Russian New Generation Warfare on Land and Sea